Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh! What A Day. If It Could Go Wrong, It Did.

For eight day's now, I've had trouble with my BT Broadband connection. And then again this morning at about 0900 hrs. I was cut off completely.
After the usual 'phone calls for help, and remembering it is now Friday and nothing will be done until Monday, I telephoned the Chairmans office. The Lady who answered the 'phone was very nice about it and promised to get some help as soon as possible. That didn't work. So I 'phoned one of their "Sales" numbers. That worked. Within half an hour, the sales team had found a Broadband Engineer, who talked me through the problem and got me back on line. The man was brilliant. And I was that pleased, I telephoned the Chairmans office again and told them so.

Once you get away from the "Jobs Worth" at BT, they can provide a marvellous service. For eight day's I had felt like kicking the computer, and then three men and one Lady, with a little kindness, restore British Telecom's reputation in a matter of minutes. Thank you BT.

Another call I made today was to "Steve Boulton Productions". Tel. No. 0161 2008100. they produced the Channel 4 Dispatches programme. I don't know if my "Posting" on BBC, Action Network, had anything to do with it, but this morning the BBC TV News, had the story of the PFI, and the NHS, prominent in its news again. I still can't get it out of my head, that people in the "Future", People who will not even be "BORN", until the year 2080, will spend most of their "LIVES", paying for the stupidity of us people today. You, so smug in your secure existence, will be bare bones in the earth, when these poor buggers, not born for another "SEVENTY FOUR", years are still paying for your week end out. That should make you feel good. Every time you eat something, every time you drink something, take a moment to think of those, "A Hundred years from Today"
I'll leave you with that for now. Regards, ATF.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Left school Christmas 1949. Joined Army 1953. First went to Sea in 1956, apart from Troopships while in the Army, and I was in Melbourne for Olympics of '56, just the start. Then joined Oil Exploration Service Company in 1960 (?) finishing in 1978/9